Closed TopicStart new topic
> Random Bugs/features [resolved/moved to suggestions]
tramsan
post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 19:29
Post #1

Board Member

Group: Order of Reclamation
Member No.: 188

Ok, time to gather up the odds and ends I've noticed. I'll note with each item if I consider it a bug or feature, but it's up for interpretation, of course.

- When alt-tabbing to the HCC, only the main toolbar comes to the front (bug)
You have to click the titlebar of the toolbar to bring the other windows up front. All open windows should, IMO, come to the front in an alt-tab.

- Adding item disables "Add item" button (bug + feature, formula window)
In order to have it enabled again, you have to switch to another formula. The bug in this case would be the disabling itself. There are many times you wish to add items of different versions from the same "formula" - construction with fluff-items would be the best example. The feature would be that if you press "Add item" again, with the exact same item selected as last add, it would increase the quantity to create on the order window.

- Tier selection doesn't stick (bug, form/tech window)
When switching between forms/techs, the tier/version selection always drops down to the bottom one. When switching between tiered products the selection should remain on the same tier. This could well be considered a feature as well, but IMO it's a bug.

- Component grid ... undulating (feature extension, form/tech window)
As it is you can select the max rows the component grid will expand. The constant expanding/contracting leading to the whole window changing layout can be annoying. I would like it if there was an option to set the rows to a static number from which it will not deviate. The whole feature is also missing from the tech window.

- Item selection not initialized (bug, order window)
If you add a new item to a brand new order with the order window closed, then open the order window, the added item will be selected in the list but the item will not be initialized in the bottom half of the order window.

- Delete button oddities (bug, order window)
With no items checked and using Selection -> Select All, the Delete button stays disabled. After deleting items/groups, the delete button stays enabled.

- Missing efficiency readout (feature, report window)
Having an efficiency indicator for the products and processed resources would help to get an overview, and serves as a more visible reminder if you are using the wrong profile.

- Quantity text field (feature, report window)
Being able to input a number directly instead of having to use the spinners for component quantity would be nice - especially for things like processed resources, where the quantities can be quite large.

- Auto-update skill set (feature, profile window)
It would be really nice if the skills were automatically generated from your schools and stats. This would need a mechanism to add arbitrary boni, such as techs and shop bonus (to both skills and stats.) Yeah, this one would take some doing...

-----

Well, that's all I can come up with for now. I'll update this post when I find more stuff.

--------------------
"I get to pick nuts and berries, and run through the forest like a good little squirrel!"
- Countless squirrels, since the start of the Age of the Gifted
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
matecuss
post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 20:13
Post #2

Board Member

Group: Visitor
Member No.: 175

QUOTE(tramsan @ Wed, Dec 14 2005, 18:29) *
- When alt-tabbing to the HCC, only the main toolbar comes to the front (bug)
You have to click the titlebar of the toolbar to bring the other windows up front. All open windows should, IMO, come to the front in an alt-tab.

Aye, this is a known bug as noted in the bug list. There doesn't seem to be a windows event when this occurs so I can't trap it.

- Adding item disables "Add item" button (bug + feature, formula window)
In order to have it enabled again, you have to switch to another formula. The bug in this case would be the disabling itself. There are many times you wish to add items of different versions from the same "formula" - construction with fluff-items would be the best example. The feature would be that if you press "Add item" again, with the exact same item selected as last add, it would increase the quantity to create on the order window.

That seems easy to implement, I think the button should change to 'Add again' to indicate this. *DONE*

- Tier selection doesn't stick (bug, form/tech window)
When switching between forms/techs, the tier/version selection always drops down to the bottom one. When switching between tiered products the selection should remain on the same tier. This could well be considered a feature as well, but IMO it's a bug.

It did before, but I changed it to this way, where it would autopick the best tier for the item. Otherwise I found that browsing the items would result in you visiting a tech that only exists to tier 3 and it sneakily puts your future selected techs at that tier.

* FIXED * I've gone with a suggestion by Arcat, namely whatever the last tier you clicked on, it will try for that instead. Failing this, the last available tier is chosen

- Component grid ... undulating (feature extension, form/tech window)
As it is you can select the max rows the component grid will expand. The constant expanding/contracting leading to the whole window changing layout can be annoying. I would like it if there was an option to set the rows to a static number from which it will not deviate. The whole feature is also missing from the tech window.

I originally had it fixed, with selectable height before, but it was cumbersome to view highly teched items. It wouldn't be hard to put these options back and make it selectable. *DONE*

- Item selection not initialized (bug, order window)
If you add a new item to a brand new order with the order window closed, then open the order window, the added item will be selected in the list but the item will not be initialized in the bottom half of the order window.

k, I'll go fix smile.gif *DONE*

- Delete button oddities (bug, order window)
With no items checked and using Selection -> Select All, the Delete button stays disabled. After deleting items/groups, the delete button stays enabled.

Ah, I forgot about those options, will fix. *DONE*

- Missing efficiency readout (feature, report window)
Having an efficiency indicator for the products and processed resources would help to get an overview, and serves as a more visible reminder if you are using the wrong profile.

For a future version, I'll make an option to switch between this and the 'Done' column.

- Quantity text field (feature, report window)
Being able to input a number directly instead of having to use the spinners for component quantity would be nice - especially for things like processed resources, where the quantities can be quite large.

Perhaps a slider just underneath would be much easier to control.

- Auto-update skill set (feature, profile window)
It would be really nice if the skills were automatically generated from your schools and stats. This would need a mechanism to add arbitrary boni, such as techs and shop bonus (to both skills and stats.) Yeah, this one would take some doing...

Well the underlying idea, was to extract these from the game logs. Still a very much todo feature, and for now I've hidden the Adventure tab on the profile window.

This post has been edited by matecuss: Fri, Dec 16 2005, 22:25

+Quote Post
tramsan
post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 21:12
Post #3

Board Member

Group: Order of Reclamation
Member No.: 188

QUOTE(matecuss @ Wed, Dec 14 2005, 20:13) *
I originally had it fixed, with selectable height before, but it was cumbersome to view highly teched items. It wouldn't be hard to put these options back and make it selectable.

Ok, I can see it being useful in the tech window, since it will limit the highest tier after what fits on your items with the whatever-it's-called option on. smile.gif With formulas this is more annoying, though. Usually when making an order, you will be adding a whole bunch of items of the same tier.

--------------------
"I get to pick nuts and berries, and run through the forest like a good little squirrel!"
- Countless squirrels, since the start of the Age of the Gifted

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 16:31
Post #4

Fletcher

Group: Admin
Member No.: 155

Formula Window

1. Add a teched Item to the Order list 'Add Item'
2. Hit CTRL-N (clear the Order)

The result is the current item in Formula Window can't be 'added' nor will any changes (added new techniques) saved. Clear the current Item or enable 'add' ?

* FIXED * (Matecuss)

Techniqe Window

1. Select a Banner Tech
2. Filter Formula by Technique
3. No Formulae are found

* FIXED * (Matecuss) Selecting an item from the order screen will break the current filter.

Order Window
1. Add 1 Item
2. Select another Formula
3. Goto Order Window - the highlighted Item cannot be reselected.

* FIXED * (Matecuss)

I also bumped into something where no techs did match for a selected Formula, got it 3 times when just clicking around with no concept, but didn't find a way to reproduce it.

best,
Arcat

This post has been edited by matecuss: Fri, Dec 16 2005, 23:18

--------------------
Arcat - (Cleric 100, Warrior 100) - Live Stats (v2.1) | Resources | Need Armor?
Carpenter 100, Enchanter 100, Weaver 78, Fitter 41, Mason 22 - Gatherer 86, Miner 51
Alchemist 100, Fletcher 100, Outfitter 100, Tinkerer 37, Rest at 20+

Critter of Arcat - (Adult Dragon 37)
Dragon Crafter 53, Hoard ~5mio, Path of the Helian

8-Ball: Reply hazy, try again.

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 17:59
Post #5

Fletcher

Two more:

Trees

1. closing a Category [+] at the Tree when an Tech/Formula is selected leads to deselection of the formula and the category auto-opens.

ATM two clicks are required to 'close' a Category.

2. Selecting 'Options/Autoexpand' -> Off doesn't prevent 'auto-opens' of Technique Categories.

If a Category is opened it shouldn't close, however if all are closed none should open ?

best,
Arcat

This post has been edited by Arcat: Fri, Dec 16 2005, 17:59

--------------------
Carpenter 100, Enchanter 100, Weaver 78, Fitter 41, Mason 22 - Gatherer 86, Miner 51

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 18:05
Post #6

Fletcher

And another one:

(current dev build)

If CTRL-Arrow-Left/Right is clicked, the focus of the Main window is lost. * Cheap Fix * (Matecuss) Removed the shortcut smile.gif

best,
Arcat

This post has been edited by matecuss: Fri, Dec 16 2005, 23:22

--------------------

8-Ball: Signs point to yes.

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 18:11
Post #7

Fletcher

And another one:

If user selected a custom theme, then reinstalled without deleting the reg-key at the next HCC installation the theme-value will not be corrected (value-key does exist)

Solution would be to delect if a user's theme exists and if not fallback to the default one. * Fixed * (Matecuss)

best,
Arcat

This post has been edited by matecuss: Fri, Dec 16 2005, 23:22

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version | Default Theme | Dark Theme | Credits, Terms and Rules | Data Privacy / Datenschutzhinweis Time is now: 5th December 2019 - 20:22