Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unity transfers
tramsan
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 01:41
Post #21

Board Member

Group: Order of Reclamation
Member No.: 188

Hmm, well, Joa, if you let your chars keep sleeping *now*, you might never be able to wake them up again. Could one month of maybe-maybe-not playing now be worth the possibility of returning some time in the future?

Also, at this very moment there's ~50 players on Order, and over 100 on Chaos. These numbers are pretty representative.

This post has been edited by tramsan: Tue, Apr 15 2008, 01:43

--------------------
"I get to pick nuts and berries, and run through the forest like a good little squirrel!"
- Countless squirrels, since the start of the Age of the Gifted
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hag
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 07:16
Post #22

Board Member

Group: Vanguard
Member No.: 261

Not that i'm a former Guildmate and you'd be interested in what i have to say ...

Nonetheless i want to inform you, that i won't resubscribe to HZ - thus not letting any old Unity Character be revived.

To me, HZ was my first step into MMORPGs, i learned a lot, met a lot of nice and helpful - and also a few disgusting and malevolent - players.
I achieved most of what i wanted in HZ (*points at the pin on his chest reading "I soloed Valkor!"*), so there would be no real aim left.

This, and the fact that i see no future for the game with the current owners/developers of HZ, i rather let my chars sleep and get reminded to them in a far future, when i'm old and gray, hopping my grandchildren on my knees.

To all the returners though - hope you get the fun you are hoping for!

Hag

--------------------
HAG: Kojan Monk of Dragon Style. Likes to skin his defeated enemies or reap defenseless plants.
HAGAN: Half-Giant and grimlooking Dread Knight. Crushes stones with pure hands and chops trees for physical fitness.

HAGS: Mining and Quarrying Dwarf always looking for shineys, which he stores in bank. Gripes whenever hag or hagan ask him for the preciouss.
SUKUBUS: Seductive-looking Female DarkElvian BloodMage. Born and educated for mere merchant's purposes in Hathor Zhi, though starting to oppose.
XEDOS: Female Kojani, nature-bound Druid. Thus unhappy to be be born and educated for mere merchant's purposes in stinking, noisy tanvu.

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 11:25
Post #23

Fletcher

Group: Admin
Member No.: 155

Hi Hagen,

Your opinion matters just like everyone else's. So, thanks for letting us know about your plans.
Besides, at this point the original OOR guild is pretty small, so it would be silly of us, not to think about everybody else here.

I really understand your point of view, and soloing Valkor is some impressive gameplay, right there smile.gif Congrats! hehe

One point however I have to disagree with: The current owners/devs are the original Tulga employees: So it does have a future, even if horribly limited.

best,
Arcat

--------------------
Arcat - (Cleric 100, Warrior 100) - Live Stats (v2.1) | Resources | Need Armor?
Carpenter 100, Enchanter 100, Weaver 78, Fitter 41, Mason 22 - Gatherer 86, Miner 51
Alchemist 100, Fletcher 100, Outfitter 100, Tinkerer 37, Rest at 20+

Critter of Arcat - (Adult Dragon 37)
Dragon Crafter 53, Hoard ~5mio, Path of the Helian

8-Ball: Signs point to yes.

+Quote Post
Soresha
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 13:32
Post #24

Board Member

Member No.: 169

@Hag: Hey of course we wanted to know your thoughts, that's why the thread was moved to the general area of the forum. smile.gif

@Joa: Perhaps you're wiser than me then, I'm going to end up with active subs to 3 MMOs, heh. But I suspect for me it will break down as Vanguard: casual, WoW: one scheduled evening a week, Horizons: occasional. Then there's the Vanguard modding and all the RL stuff... feel free to tell me I'm crazy. wink.gif

Now something I'm wondering, what exactly is the euphemism "letting the characters sleep" being used for here? Let's be clear about this, there are I think only 3 options:

1) Transfer and maintain active subscription (your amount of actual play time may vary) - your characters are active
2) Transfer then cancel subscription - your characters are inactive but can be returned to if desired in the future
3) Don't transfer - RIP characters, they will almost certainly not be playable in the future

Don't get me wrong, I can understand choosing option 3. Horizons was something we had in the past, we moved on, better to just let it go. Perhaps if I had more willpower I'd do the same, heh.

Personallly though, I'm a dragon-lover and there is no other game with playable dragons. And the lack of transfered novians actually creates game content for me.

--------------------

Telon: Ysora - Wood Elf Cartographer on Halgar
Istaria: Soresha - Ancient Helian Dragoness, reawakened on Chaos

Wiki Page: oor:soresha

+Quote Post
metagruen
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 15:54
Post #25

Tailor

Member No.: 156

Has there actually been any *significant* change since Unity's shutdown?
I've been following the forums for a while but I am not sure about client performance improvements and the like.

Can someone summarize the bigger changes without pointing me to a link to the off. forums smile.gif)

Thanks
meta

--------------------
I pop da shop
metagruen :: KNoC/ Tailor/ Weaver 81 / Mage 46
fume :: Adult Dragon Adv 34 / Dragon Crafter 31 / ~1.05 mil. hoard and Lunus
29 trees and counting.....

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 15:58
Post #26

Fletcher

Biggest change is the rename =)

Another change worth to mention is for sure the Confectioner redesign and the Unity import smile.gif
There were a couple of minor updates Unity didn't get and after the final takeover, but that's just database tweaks.

best,
Arcat

--------------------
Carpenter 100, Enchanter 100, Weaver 78, Fitter 41, Mason 22 - Gatherer 86, Miner 51

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 21:31
Post #27

Fletcher

Ruache went ahead already, didn't mention which shard tho.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/showpos...p;postcount=171

--------------------

+Quote Post
tramsan
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 21:34
Post #28

Board Member

There is a new client on Blight with a wholly revamped terrain manager. It increases performance a fair bit, but unfortunately still has some bugs (including CTD bugs) that need to be resolved before it can be put live. In addition to this, there have been several small, but nice changes in it, such as dragon hatchlings being able to glide from heights, and item inscriptions (not descriptions) finally showing up in the item tooltip, etc.

There have been two events since VI took over. One recycled (Halloween) and one brand new (Gnomekindle - Christmas). None of the old, great building/fighting events, but still, they're events!

Apart from these there have been a plethora of other small fixes and changes, and probably something else significant that I have forgotten.

--------------------
"I get to pick nuts and berries, and run through the forest like a good little squirrel!"

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 21:43
Post #29

Fletcher

So far:

Chaos: 4
Order: 0
Abstain: 5 (metagruen, Joa, Hagen, Z, Claws)
Unknown: 1 (Ruache)

We're going to Chaos smile.gif

best,
Arcat

--------------------

8-Ball: Very doubtful.

+Quote Post
Soresha
post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 00:03
Post #30

Board Member

Member No.: 169

Email sent! Hmm now I need to reinstall the game at some point. wink.gif

Sor

--------------------

Telon: Ysora - Wood Elf Cartographer on Halgar
Istaria: Soresha - Ancient Helian Dragoness, reawakened on Chaos

Wiki Page: oor:soresha

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 11:17
Post #31

Fletcher

Forgot to mention: I've sent my mail too -> Chaos

best,
Arcat

--------------------

8-Ball: Very doubtful.

+Quote Post
Joaqim
post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 08:39
Post #32

Board Member

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (Soresha @ Tue, Apr 15 2008, 13:32) *
Now something I'm wondering, what exactly is the euphemism "letting the characters sleep" being used for here? Let's be clear about this, there are I think only 3 options:

1) Transfer and maintain active subscription (your amount of actual play time may vary) - your characters are active
2) Transfer then cancel subscription - your characters are inactive but can be returned to if desired in the future
3) Don't transfer - RIP characters, they will almost certainly not be playable in the future

Don't get me wrong, I can understand choosing option 3. Horizons was something we had in the past, we moved on, better to just let it go. Perhaps if I had more willpower I'd do the same, heh.

Well if I said I let my characters sleep it included the chance that they will sleep forever. Well about the willpower, heh plan been to let them sleep and at some it may enter the sleep forever state. Oh well with all the discusion already I am not sure if I am not weakening and jump to option 2) before it's too late.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maurice.griffith...
post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 21:35
Post #33

Board Member

Member No.: 209

QUOTE (Arcat @ Tue, Apr 15 2008, 01:35) *
Hi Joa,

Thanks for letting us know your decision. In 2006 I'd also have preferred Order, but the population count is something I think I'll like.
Maurice said earlier to Sor that he's not importing his character as well.

This means for me personally green lights for Chaos - unless someone wants to throw in his/her Veto smile.gif

Update: I'll be importing ALL guildmules and drop 4 of them after the first month.
That should be more than enough time to trade contents of the mules to another member.

best,
Arcat

Think I've changed my mind now after a lot of thought, vanguard seems to be a one way ride to total raiding, which is not for me there is more freedom in Hz, anyway I've opened up a 6 month account on chaos see how it goes also sent email to transfer maurice_wind to new account. lack of decent plots seems the biggest problem, people with overfull vaults and no where to put their stuff. Btw Jamie seems to like playing horizons I'll see how it goes, oh doers anyone have any idea how long it takes?

This post has been edited by maurice.griffiths: Thu, Apr 17 2008, 21:37

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 21:39
Post #34

Fletcher

Yay!

Great news wink.gif Welcome back Joa + Maurice.

best,
Arcat

--------------------

+Quote Post
tramsan
post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 21:40
Post #35

Board Member

Your transfer should be handled in a matter of days - sometime in next week, in other words. As for the plots, a lot of them will open up with the plot reclamation that will start some time after the Unity transfers are completed. There are a few plots still where you can put up a Saris manor or so, to unload your vault in the interim. Glad to have you back, Maurice. smile.gif

And you know you can't let Joa, Bele and Mele just fade away into the night, Joa. smile.gif

This post has been edited by tramsan: Thu, Apr 17 2008, 21:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
maurice.griffith...
post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 08:27
Post #36

Board Member

QUOTE (tramsan @ Thu, Apr 17 2008, 20:40) *
Your transfer should be handled in a matter of days - sometime in next week, in other words. As for the plots, a lot of them will open up with the plot reclamation that will start some time after the Unity transfers are completed. There are a few plots still where you can put up a Saris manor or so, to unload your vault in the interim. Glad to have you back, Maurice. smile.gif

And you know you can't let Joa, Bele and Mele just fade away into the night, Joa. smile.gif

I'm off to singapore again Sunday evening I'll be there about 9 or 10 days, just wondering about my laptop which runs vista, I heard that hz does not support vista, but some people may have managed to do it, has anyone got any experience about this?. Also I had a dragon goldenwing on a seperate account in unity think I'll try to transfer it to the same chaos account. Have one new character opened up on chaos called Ragnaroth just to look around but my RL son Jamie seems to be on that char a lot just now.

+Quote Post
Chaldor Itieles
post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 09:00
Post #37

Board Member

Group: Vanguard
Member No.: 262

moving back to Hz with loosing both guild plots... noth and south balzar? oh no......and then the thing with playtime...how often was i online last months in VG? I dont know how i should handle another mmo sub ?!
On the other hand, loosing all the things reached in Hz in the old days.....even not good....

maybe i overread, but dit VI say how long they will keep the transfer open?

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 10:40
Post #38

Fletcher

QUOTE (Chaldor Itieles @ Fri, Apr 18 2008, 09:00) *
maybe i overread, but dit VI say how long they will keep the transfer open?

Not yet Chaldor, but just keep this topic subscribed via email, one of us will report the date here once we know it.

best,
Arcat

--------------------

+Quote Post
tramsan
post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 19:34
Post #39

Board Member

QUOTE (maurice.griffiths @ Fri, Apr 18 2008, 08:27) *
just wondering about my laptop which runs vista, I heard that hz does not support vista, but some people may have managed to do it, has anyone got any experience about this?

That's right, HZ has lots of problems with Vista. Some people have luck and it runs perfectly, for others it runs haphazardly, for other it doesn't run at all. There is a thread in the hardware forum on community.istaria.com with several different suggestions you can try to make it run.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maurice.griffith...
post Fri, Apr 18 2008, 21:07
Post #40

Board Member

QUOTE (tramsan @ Fri, Apr 18 2008, 19:34) *
That's right, HZ has lots of problems with Vista. Some people have luck and it runs perfectly, for others it runs haphazardly, for other it doesn't run at all. There is a thread in the hardware forum on community.istaria.com with several different suggestions you can try to make it run.

whew I've been all afternoon finally got it working in vista, seems quite a complex method and some things where not very clear been a long time since I messed with dos

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version | Default Theme | Dark Theme | Credits, Terms and Rules | Data Privacy / Datenschutzhinweis Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 12:04