Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Development
Swiftsmoke
post Fri, Feb 26 2010, 11:48
Post #1

Board Newbie

Group: Visitor
Member No.: 321

I've been using the HCC for a while now and with alot of the recent changes to the shards I was wondering if there was any updates expected for it, or is the project dead now..

If theres none expected, is there a possibility of getting the source code so that I can update it to suit my own needs?

Thanks in advance and thanks for making this wonderful crafting tool,

Swift
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Swiftsmoke
post Fri, Mar 5 2010, 23:02
Post #2

Board Newbie

Bump :/ Would rather not have to code it from scratch so any reply would be gratefully appreciated

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Sat, Mar 6 2010, 14:04
Post #3

Fletcher

Group: Admin
Member No.: 155

Hi Swiftsmoke,

The HCC data files are fully open. You don't need access to the actual client source unless there are major new changes like new tiers or similar. If you provide updates to the XML I'd be happy to integrate them into the next update.

Edit: The Project isn't dead but none of the team is playing anymore. All we need is people who gather the data.

Arcat

--------------------
Arcat - (Cleric 100, Warrior 100) - Live Stats (v2.1) | Resources | Need Armor?
Carpenter 100, Enchanter 100, Weaver 78, Fitter 41, Mason 22 - Gatherer 86, Miner 51
Alchemist 100, Fletcher 100, Outfitter 100, Tinkerer 37, Rest at 20+

Critter of Arcat - (Adult Dragon 37)
Dragon Crafter 53, Hoard ~5mio, Path of the Helian

8-Ball: Signs point to yes.

+Quote Post
Swiftsmoke
post Sun, Mar 7 2010, 01:56
Post #4

Board Newbie

I noticed that the db is all xml, the main change that I wanted to add was the automatic updating of subcomponents when you increased the number of completed components..

Example:

Tier 2 Human Guildhouse
Bronze Construction Sheeting 10 / 50 <-- I increased it from 0 to 10
----> Bronze Bar 0/750 <-- Automatically would change to 150/750
-------> Copper and Tin Ore 0/1500 <-- Automatically would change to 300/1500

Theres also no Nadia anymore, meaning the vielo prices isn't needed.

The only other things are minor changes.. Such as the few name changes to tech components (Handled via xml, will post/upload it when I can)

Other than those its just tiny minor stuff that I personally don't like.

+Quote Post
Arcat
post Sun, Mar 7 2010, 19:20
Post #5

Fletcher

Group: Admin
Member No.: 155

Hiya,

First-off, I don't have permission to publish or share the source of the client. I'm not even sure who has the power to do this. It has been a team project for a long time and was always handled "amongst friends". It's the first time a stranger asked for access. Another problem is that the source is in bad shape: It needs a specific compiler to run and it's documented at all.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't some twisted power trip of mine: I'm not the sole owner and I don't even know how-to reach all the old members. As for me, I'd allow a fork as long as the name changes.

The sub-component handling has been attempted before but abandoned (see last point at list of known issues). It would need a different save format and a total rewrite of the subcompontent routines. I tried to give it a 2nd shot too, but the amount of time needed to re-test everything was just too much. There's also some limitations since database updates (e.g. changes in components) would make loading old orders problematic. We cannot add this feature. As for your other things "you don't like", feel free to list them!

IMO it's for sure easier to write your own tool that loads HCC orders and handles sub components as you please. A while ago we've added a plugin system for cases like yours: You can integrate your own report-handler quite well. Just hit F12 and your tool will trigger. Since the order/report format can be parsed with ease it will not take much time.

Arcat

--------------------
Arcat - (Cleric 100, Warrior 100) - Live Stats (v2.1) | Resources | Need Armor?
Carpenter 100, Enchanter 100, Weaver 78, Fitter 41, Mason 22 - Gatherer 86, Miner 51
Alchemist 100, Fletcher 100, Outfitter 100, Tinkerer 37, Rest at 20+

Critter of Arcat - (Adult Dragon 37)
Dragon Crafter 53, Hoard ~5mio, Path of the Helian

8-Ball: Very doubtful.

+Quote Post
Swiftsmoke
post Mon, Mar 8 2010, 09:55
Post #6

Board Newbie

Ah thats fine, was just a question to see if it was still under development really..

My minor changes are not worth anyone else taking the time to work on it as they are only minor, I may just make my own version of it or look into a plugin to do what I need rather than wasting your own time.

Thank you for your reply Arcat and thanks again for the great tool smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version | Default Theme | Dark Theme | Credits, Terms and Rules Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 21:42